INDICATION OF INTEREST IN THE CONGRESS
If you only wish to be informed on Congress news or if you later wish to submit a paper please fill in the Congress Application Form. You will receive a personal password which will give you an access to your personal user pages.
FORMS OF PAPER PRESENTATION
Contributions will be presented as keynote lectures, lectures, or posters. As lectures, preferably papers with a wider scope or importance should be submitted. Authors should indicate the preferred form of presentation but the Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision. The Congress language is English.
Application for presentation of a paper must be submitted only with use of the Application Form.
Every application must be accompanied by max. 2 pages long summary in English (observe kindly instructions for its preparation below) uploaded with the interactive application form. Application form without summary will not be considered. The summary should be comprehensive and suitable for reviewing by members of the Scientific Committee. The deadline for the submission of application for oral presentation is 30 November 2017. Later applications for oral presentation will be considered exceptionally. Posters may be accepted up to the beginning of the Congress, however only contributions received before 31 May 2018 will be included in the final program.
Upon the submission the CHISA authors will be asked to express their intention to submit a contribution as an article to one of the congress special issues.
Important note: One oral and two poster presentations are only allowed for one registered (and paid) participant due to time and space limitations.
Every author will receive an e-mail message confirming the receipt of the application. Notification about the final acceptance of CHISA contributions will be sent in March 2018 while the PRES contributors will be notified later.
All submitted contributions will be displayed on the CHISA website (please allow some time since this is processed manually), and those which have passed a formal check will be marked. In any case, it will be possible for the corresponding author to modify her/his summary based on the personal log-in password. Author may update the original summary via her/his user page before 31 May 2018. It is assumed that the original title of the contribution will not be modified.
At least one of the authors must register as a participant and settle her/his registration fee before 30 April 2018 otherwise the paper will be withdrawn from the program.
HOW TO PREPARE THE SUMMARY
The summary must be prepared with any version of the MS-Word editor (as *.docx or *.doc) on one sheet of A4 size (297x210 mm) with all margins equal to 25 mm. The single spaced text should be typed in Times New Roman font.
Please, start at the top of page with the title of your contribution (non-capitalised, left aligned, bold, size 14 pts.); for a title, maximum of 150 characters including spaces is allowed. Skip two lines below title and type the author’s name(s) in the following order: initial(s), surname (font size 12 pt., left aligned). Underline the name of the author delivering the paper. On the next line, enter the affiliations of authors with full postal address; telephone, fax, and e-mail connections are desirable (12 pt., left aligned).
Then, skip two lines and begin your summary text: single spaced, justified, non-bold, 12 pts., Times New Roman. You can locate any text, equations, figures, references, etc. within the area available.
An example of summary is available in MS-Word template.
Please follow all the instructions very carefully to achieve the formal appearance of a summary as closely as possible to this template. Regrettably, most of preliminary summaries usually do not comply with these instructions. Therefore, they must be formally re-edited by the Scientific Committee, which does not bear responsibility for possible changes ensuing from such reformatting. Every author is responsible for the quality and content of her/his summary. The summary not meeting the above requirements will not be accepted and the author will be notified.
Summaries will be displayed on the CHISA website. Authors not intending to submit a paper to the congress special issue journal, or the authors whose contribution is not accepted for publication, are free to publish their papers at will after the congress.
CHISA 2018 publication policy
Traditionally, CHISA 2018 offers to all participants publishing their contributions as full papers in two impacted international journals as follows. All submitted papers will be subjected to the standard peer review process.
1. Chemical Engineering and Technology (John Wiley). This CHISA 2018 special issue is understood as the Congress profile journal. It is expected that presenters of 80 CHISA lectures and posters will be approached after the congress closure (before 14 September 2018) with the pre-nomination appeal. The gate for submissions of manuscripts will be open since 14 September 2018 for the next four weeks. About 35 outstanding papers will be then selected from pre-nominations on the basis of standard peer review process. Editor of this special issue will be B. Böck (Editor-in-chief, DE).
2. Chemical & Biochemical Engineering Quarterly (Croatian Society of Chemical Engineering). The CHISA 2016 special issue of the journal is open for all topics from chemical and biochemical engineering. It is expected that interested presenters of CHISA lectures and posters will be approached before the Congress starts with the pre-nomination appeal. The journal will accept manuscripts since 14 September 2018 during the following four weeks. There will be about 20 papers finally accepted for publication after standard reviewing procedure. Guest Editors of the special issue are G. Bogdanić and I. Wichterle (CZ).
PRES 2018 publication policy
Abstracts for PRES 2018 will undergo peer-review over December and January with abstract acceptance notification sent out by 31 January 2018. PRES manuscripts, limited to 6 pages to prevent similarity with the future publication of full-size papers, are due 16 March 2018 with revisions and final acceptance completed by 30 April 2018.
Peer reviewed and accepted manuscripts from PRES 2018 have the option to be published in:
- Chemical Engineering Transactions. Paper templates for CET and conference proceeding (non-CET) publications will be available here by 31 January 2018. CET is covered by SCOPUS and ISI Thompson Reuters. Full-text manuscripts must undergo a full peer review by at least two reviewers and must be prepared according to the CET template and submitted together with the signed Copyright Transfer Authorisation. Each paper will be available online open-access and assigned a DOI by AIDIC. For publication in CET, papers must have at least one registered author and settled any additional publication fees (e.g. second paper) by the required deadlines.
PRES 2018 aims to publish Special Issues of the following journals to report on extended contributions presented at PRES 2018.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, IF (2016) = 5.715, Elsevier – invitation for 40 papers. JCLEPRO serves as a transdisciplinary, international forum for the exchange of information and research concepts, policies, and technologies designed to help ensure progress towards making societies and regions more sustainable. It aims to encourage innovation and creativity, new and improved products, and the implementation of new, cleaner structures, systems, processes, products, and services. Co-Editors-in-Chief: J.J. Klemeš (CZ), C.M.V.B. de Almeida (BR), and Y. Wang (CN).
- Energy, IF (2016) = 4.520, Elsevier – invitation for 40 papers. Energy provides a platform for publications geared toward energy saving and pollution reduction from the entire value chain in energy sourcing, generation, supply, and use. Energy is an international, multi-disciplinary journal in energy engineering and research. It aims to be a leading platform and an authoritative source of information for analyses, reviews and evaluations related to energy. The journal covers research in mechanical engineering and thermal sciences, with a strong focus on energy analysis, energy modelling and prediction, integrated energy systems, energy planning and energy management. Editor-in-Chief: H. Lund (SE), Subject Editor: P. S. Varbanov (CZ).
- Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, IF (2016) = 3.331, Springer – invitation for 25 papers. CTEP covers the scientific innovations related to clean technologies and policy issues. It stresses the concept of sustainable development as means of protecting the environment for all mankind, demands that future manufacturing technologies must be cleaner, yet economically sound. Editor-in-Chief: S.K. Sikdar (US).
Zdenek Burianec Memorial Award
The contest for the best poster at PRES 2018. All posters will be considered and judged under the following criteria: originality of the research; originality of the topic; clarity of the presentation; graphical quality; oral presentation and discussion with the Poster Evaluation Board. Authors of the best three posters will receive a Certificate.
The Second Circular with the preliminary program and the Registration Form for participation will be available in March 2018 on this website.
PRELIMINARY REGISTRATION FEES
Students (incl. PhD students)
Accompanying family members
Exhibition booth at MARCHES 2018
(one registration fee included)
(the fee includes 21 % VAT)
Congress materials, opening banquet, congress concert and student beer party are included in the registration fee. Authors pay the same registration fee as participants without contribution.
At least one of the authors must register for participation before 30 April 2018. Be aware that the application for a paper presentation does not represent automatically the registration of a participant. Registration form is available here.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
The registration fee will be refunded (with a deduction of 10 % to cover the handling costs) if participation in the Congress is cancelled in writing before 25 July 2018. No refund will be granted after this date.
The Organising Committee will arrange reservation of hotels and hostels of all categories. Information will be displayed in February 2018.
The deadline for application for oral presentation has been prolonged till 15 January 2018!
30 November 2017
Application for paper presentation with a summary
16 March 2018
|PRES manuscripts for CET (AIDIC)
30 April 2018
Standard registration for participation and payment
Final acceptance of revised PRES papers for CET (AIDIC)
31 May 2018
Submission of final summary (if it is necessary to modify)
ADDRESS AND CONTACT
Mail: CHISA 2018, Novotného lávka 5, 116 68 Prague 1, Czech Republic
PRES 2018 Secretary